Sunday 21 August 2016

Glad to be back

Well after an awful couple of weeks, I'm glad to be back posting once more. It's not until technology goes wrong do you realise just how much depends on it. Luckily I have the most important things backed up but getting things up and working again has taken time.

Although I've been unable to post I have still been busy with my week day classes and Saturday workshops and I'm looking forward to showing you what we've been making.

Last Saturday was my technique workshop. This month we used the Timeless Textures stamp set and made 3 cards and a layout. Each card project used a different inking technique and we then used the same techniques in our final project.

I shouldn't really have favourites, but I love this card and the colours used, not normally the ones I'd use but I really like the black and yellows together.

The card size used is A6. Base colour is whisper white then I added a matt of basic black.
The second matt of whisper white was used as a base for the main design.

  • Firstly sponge or brush the whisper white card with so saffron and smoky grey inks. Make it fairly light to start with as you can increase the colour if you wish later. 
  • Use second generation stamping with so saffron around the edge of the card using one of the border edge stamps from Timeless textures. 
  • Then using the same stamp ink up with crushed curry and stamp around the edge again this time stamping closer to the edge so that the outside edge is darker.
  • Again with the same stamp ink up with smoky slate and stamp with third generation ink. You may find you want to use second generation, just depends on how dark you like the colour, but you are really only looking for texture. 
  • Using the flourish stamp, ink with black around the border bringing some of the flourishes closer to the centre. 
  • The sentiment is then stamped in black.
  • To finish off the card add a butterfly cut in so saffron designer series paper, and ink around the edge to soften in smoky slate. Add a smaller butterfly cut in basic black the the centre of the larger butterfly and then embellish with a gem of your choice.
I hope you enjoy making this card for yourself. I'll be back tomorrow with other card from my technique class.

signature
...Products used.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment